The AI-GRS membership designation is held by appraisers who are experienced in general appraisal review.
To become an AI-GRS member of the Appraisal Institute, an individual must:
- Have good moral character;
- Meet standards and ethics requirements;
- Hold a bachelor’s degree or higher;
- Meet special education requirements;
- Pass a comprehensive examination; and
- Possess experience in general appraisal review that meets specific standards.
These review appraisers possess experience and knowledge that give them the tools to address the issues unique to general and commercial real property review appraisals. AI-GRS Designated members agree to adhere to the Appraisal Institute code of professional ethics and standards of professional appraisal practice, underscoring their commitment to sound and ethical professional practice.
These review appraisers must stay informed of developments pertaining to review of general and commercial real property appraisals, enabling them to provide review appraisals reflecting the latest in professional practice.